Profound Passions of Persephone

1.11.2004

The weekend has been a busy blur! Samantha had a GREAT time at cheer camp! Learned three cheers- she is really pretty good! She gets to cheer for the basketball game on Friday.

Brittany and I sat at Barbizon all day- from 1030 until 230. We listened to how they can make all your dreams come true, how many of "their" models are famous, even seen pictures of them, watched a video. For the most part the ladies where honest, stating that some of the girls there where not what they are looking for and why.

When it was our turn to talk to the ladies to see if Britt was what they are looking for, they told her that she WAS. Britt was so very happy- she was accepted into this 60-year-old business that made stars out of regular people.

It has always been a dream of Brittany’s to be a star. A model. An actress. She has always been told she is beautiful, she knows that she is, she conducts herself that way, always has. She is an honor roll student, a fantastic daughter, granddaughter, sister and friend. She got a clarinet for Xmas and learned how to play it the same day-on her own!
She is a leader, a go-getter, and a hard worker. Anyone that knows her can tell you, I am not only saying this because she is my daughter. One day she will make it big in whatever she chooses!

Well after getting home, I ran into problems coming up with the money for the modeling classes. In case you are wondering…the grand total would be over $1600.00.
I needed $295 deposit to hold her place in class. I wasn’t sure what to do; I talked to a couple friends then started making a web page. You know- one of those “please send me money” web pages. I have seen people ask for money to pay for their breast and for new TVs- why not for modeling school? That didn’t sound so bad.

Then I talked to “C”. *clearing throat* She states this is a huge scam. They only want money. We had a long talk. I really didn’t want to listen. I was trying to tell her that even if Britt didn’t get “stardom” out of this, she will get poise, learn how to approach people, it will be good for her. I kept going on and on, I know that “C” thought I wasn’t hearing her at all. She then says to me ….. “You also need to look at why you want Britt to do modeling so badly.” ……. Hummmmm well damn I thought …ok :(
What did she mean by that?


When we got off the phone, I researched more and I thought, I slept on it, and I thought, I woke up and I thought.

Why do I want Britt to model so badly?- Answer: I love her, it is a dream of hers. All my life my dreams have been crushed by those who where suppose to love me and I refuse to crush hers. I will go out of my way to help my children accomplish their dreams.


Ok so now that is answered, that wasn’t hard at all. I went to Britt. I asked her what was her #1 dream, to be a model or an actress? She said an ACTRESS. We talked about it for awhile, she basically sees modeling as “getting her foot in the door” and can really do without it.


By the time I went to Britt, I had already looked up acting classes in St Louis and found COCA. They can be pretty pricey, however, I can get financial assistance. They are a wonderful place. Take a look at the web site, especially if you have kids and are in the St Louis area.

So “C” I want to say to you- I DID hear you and I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for stopping me and making me look at things. I love you and reasons like this make me thank the gods you are my very dearest friend!

|