Profound Passions of Persephone

1.14.2004

I AM BACK!!! Whoooo....I LOVE Columbia! It is ALWAYS so damn hard to leave that place after I get there!
For those that do not know, I lived in Columbia, MO for a couple years and I miss it TERRABLY!!! *sob*
I did of course hit COOL STUFF before I left. It is the coolest store in the world. I could spend hours in there!
Unfortunately they do not have a Website yet but as soon as they do I will put it up for you!
I got me some more Burt's Bees Lip Balm and some NAG CHAMPA
.......ummmmmmmm....smell.......ummmmmmmm

Ok...so my responsibilities finally pulled me out of Columbia and on the way home I had to keep switching radio stations because of what I was seeing-unbelievable!!!

I am driving down the highway and notice there are a lot- I mean A LOT of cops out. Speed traps everywhere along with undercover cars traveling with us on the road.

Then I notice and count HUMMERS.....at one time I think I had 8 HUMMERS on the same side of the road as me.

I SWORE that MARSHALL LAW was declared on the state of Missouri. It was unbelievable!

I have to say, I am NOT a lover of H2s, SUVs or any of the like, however, because of my family size I did drive a minivan at one time.Does that make me a hypocrite?

Another thought as I am driving down 270; {[set up]Hummers, SUVs, 18Wheelers throwing on their brakes and/or swerving into the next lane to avoid an accident.} Wonder why we have so many deadly accidents? Maybe it is because we cannot see around all these humongous vehicles. When we are all driving down the highway together and I am behind one, about half a cars legth, and he slams his brakes on then swerves to the left lane, it is quite a surprise to find I am sucking tail pipe with a car I had no idea was even there!! I think if they are going to drive these monster vehicles, they need to learn a little road responsibility, like not riding peoples asses- it would save a a lot of aggravation out there.


I also have more news BUT THAT deserves it's OWN post!!!!!!!!!

|