Profound Passions of Persephone

5.24.2005

~Who's the FLIP-FLOPPER??~

I was so excited to hear the news this morning when I seen the headline; "House Votes to Reverse Ban on Funding for Stem Cell Research".

It is about freakin' time, I thought, I never knew what the big deal was anyway. The stem cells where going to be taken from embryos that would be thrown away anyway, so what is the deal??!!
~sigh~

Then I read the article; you can read it here.

What struck me is this paragraph:
Addressing the nation in August 2001, Mr. Bush said: "I have concluded that we should allow federal funds to be used for research on these existing stem cell lines, where the life and death decision has already been made.
"This allows us to explore the promise and potential of stem cell research without crossing a fundamental moral line by providing taxpayer funding that would sanction or encourage further destruction of human embryos that have at least the potential for life."

But Last week:

Mr. Bush reiterated his position on the Castle-DeGette bill. "I made it very clear to Congress that the use of federal money, taxpayers' money to promote science which destroys life in order to save life is - I'm against that," he said. "And therefore, if the bill does that, I will veto it."

I wanna know WHY he is still our leader?? Why?? He makes me sick....I just do not have the words.

|