Profound Passions of Persephone: 2003

12.31.2003

2003

18 hours left in 2003.
Here is a first attempt at recalling my year. I may go in and re-edit many times as I am certain that during the last 6 brain surgeries the doctors removed the part of my brain that recalls short term memory.
JANUARY 2003
Was in-between brain surgery 5 & 6. Had one each month since August of 2002 and I was feeling pretty good! I always did between those surgeries-LOTS of good drugs!
The kids and I sat on the front porch and banged pots and pans and screamed “Happy New Year” to the neighborhood.
Note- I did NOT eat black-eyed peas this year. First year, I think, since I had been born!

FEBUARY 2003
My eldest of daughters turned 11. We had a big party with lots of friends, food, gifts and laughter!
My 2003 Chevy Caviler was repoed.

MARCH 2003
Received a letter stating that our home was going to be foreclosed on.
Filed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy.

APRIL 2003
Celebrated Easter, Ostara as we see it. Colored lots of eggs and had a BBQ at my brothers.

MAY 2003
Bought the kids a big swimming pool so I could listen to hubby man bitch all summer.
Took kids to the Zoo. Having a pretty okay summer. Just a few ups and downs with the health thing.

JUNE 2003
Took kids to Six Flags. Had a great time. Totally over did things. I am having trouble knowing when enough is enough when it comes to my health.

JULY 2003
My babies turned 9. Had a party. Too many kids, lots of fun.
Went to Grants Farm. The twins are related to Ulysses S Grant. He is their Great, Great, Great, Great,…….. Grand father. They enjoyed learning about that!
Their Bio-dad came to visit for 2 days on his way to Nevada to live closer to his mom. Promised the kids he would call when he got there.
Note: It is now Jan. 1, 2004 and still no call, child support payments have stopped.

AUGUST 2003
Back to Six Flags- too damn hot
Back to school time- yeeeeeehaaawwwwwww

SEPTEMBER 2003
Back in hospital for me, in St Louis twice and in Columbia twice. Had Intestinal Peritonitis. Allergic to shunt tubing from my VP shunt-had it removed.
Also had Gall bladder removed because they thought that was the problem.
Married for 2 years to a very amazing man!!

OCTOBER 2003
HALLOWEEN
Got way too drunk! Got way too crazy with neighbors on front porch! Still embarrassed about some of the goings on. Had a great time to say the least! LOVE THY NEIGHBOR!

DECEMBER 2003
XMAS turned out to be truly wonderful! I got a stove from our friend Chad and $200 from mom and dad. Dan & Terry paid to have my car fixed and the kids really raked it in!
Soon I will have photos up to show you all.


All in all it turned out to be a really awesome year. The best I have had in a very long time! I am sure that 2004 will be even better and with BLOG I am sure to keep better track of it!




|