Profound Passions of Persephone

12.28.2003

Well, it has been quite awhile since I have blogged. Let’s see if I can get back into the groove.
I decided to blog again because of the most wonderful of holidays we just went through. The past several years I have been very ill though the Christmas season, unable to enjoy my friends, my family, my children…….always wishing for it to end quickly. A couple times I even spent Christmas in the hospital…..BA HUMBUG.
THIS YEAR- THIS YEAR it was different!
This year…….. I am on a new medication……. ONE pill- three times a day that is actually making a difference! This year, I was feeling so very good that I hosted Christmas day and dinner at my home! My WONDERFULLY, TALENTED hubby cooked a very grand meal and I cleaned and prepared our home for our guest.
Our lil’ Imps woke us at 4AM- YES 4….they set their alarm clocks stating- “It’s a tradition, we always wake you at 4 on Christmas day!” Ok- so THAT tradition will change! They raked it in this year! TONS of gifts all under our tree! They were/ are very happy!
Hubby went back to sleep- I could not- millions of things running through my head, along with the kids each running in to have me take toys out of boxes.
We had the family here. Mom, dad, brother, wife and their baby…..Great Aunt and then MY special guest…..C and her hubby…and S and her hubby and son….then my girl L and her hubby!! WOW How WONDERFUL!! I LOVED having them all here! I especially loved the fact that I was well enough to enjoy them all! S’s hubby wasn’t feeling too well cuz of a bad back and C’s hubby was trapped by my kiddos but all in all I am pretty sure they all had a good time! C cleaned my kitchen….I tried to stop her! LoL then she got to see first hand how VERY fast my kitchen gets messed up after it is so beautifully cleaned. Ummmm Yeah in my house- it is like fighting entropy.
So I want to send out a GREAT BIG – I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU ALL for making this the most wonderful Christmas/Yule/Solstice in a very long time!!

|